Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

  1. If I saw Jillian Michaels on the street right now I'd give her a dirty look, she's kicking my ass with this 30 Day shred and we're only at day 7.


  2. We went to the Nautical Mile Festival this past weekend and while Baby C went on a ride with a friend, Big C and I played that water pistol game where you aim at a target and shot and whomever fills that tube first wins. This is what he won:
    It's a colored mo hawk
  3. Baby C got a new swim instructor last night it's a guy and I'm realizing that she does better when a guy is instructing her rather than a girl. I guess I can see who'll wear the pants in her house! The guy was very happy with her abilities and wants her to try out for the swim team. He said she'd be the youngest and the smallest but he thinks she's capable. I had the best "Proud Mommy Moment" last night. :0) I'm just hoping she handles not wining EVERYTIME, we're still working on that social skill when it comes to board games.


  4. I'm going to a graduate school open house tonight, I've been putting it off for months now and find myself always rescheduling. Maybe they'll close the expressway down on my way there and I'll have one more reason to put it off.


  5. My mother comes in from England the beginning of July and plans on staying to the end of October. You have no idea how excited I am. Plus all the money I'll save on no day care!


  6. It's my night to cook tonight and this is what I plan on attempting.
    Coconut Chicken Salad with Warm Honey Mustard Vinaigrette


    And possibly this to accompany it Tex-Mex Tabbouleh
  7. I haven't quite figured out how I'm going to go to the open house and cook dinner, but at least I have big dreams.


  8. We got invited to THREE parties this Saturday, one is 4-5:30pm, another 3pm - late and the last 3:30-4pm and NOTHING on Sunday. Someones going to have to be deeply disappointed by the fact that the human body can't physically be in three places and one time. But it's funny how it happens like that, you'll have a dry month and then boom. But at least I get to bum around the house Sunday.


  9. Every evening Baby C begs to watch tv (I am grateful for the fact that she asks). Most of the time when it's my night to bathe her I tell her, "no" and engage her in other things. I hate that she begs for it though, I kind of wish she'd forget it even exists and infrequently remember it. I'm not sure if she begs because she hardly gets to watch it or if she's just a beggar! LOL I wish I could try going a month with no tv just to get it out of her mind but Big C would go stir crazy with that experiment. I could see him now, sitting in his car late at night with the iPad feigning for tv stimulation.


  10. I have a half finished piece of pottery that i desperately need to make time to finish, or else someone will be in college by the time I'm done. 

6 comments:

  1. 1. She looks manly to me.
    2. RAD!
    3. How funny to be able to pick things out about your kid. She rocks!! I haven't really noticed if my kids respond better to men or women. I DO know that Simon's dream girl this year was an absolute diva. I really, REALLY hope he doesn't look for those qualities in a future mate. :/
    4. Wow, Grad school! I feel as though I should start using a thesaurus when commenting.
    5. My mom's only coming for a week and I couldn't sleep last night! I can't imagine if she stayed for months. How fun! I hope our kids look forward to our visits as much as we look fwd to our moms. :)
    6. You're so much more adventurous with your cooking. I'm all, "Hamburgers again, anyone?"
    7. SAME THING for us, last Sat. We only made two of four parties.
    8. My kids honestly didn't notice that we had cable turned off for a like four months. One day they wanted to watch something and I explained to them what we did. I've gotten a few grouchy comments, but nothing that would make me want to turn it back on. Honestly, it wasn't worth the money to me. :)
    9. No time like the present! Finish that sucker. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. I promise in 3 to 4 days you will feel better and it will be easier. Keep going!
    2.that's awesome!
    3. again, awesome. That girl can swim!
    4. i saw on pinterest the other day: if it's important to you, you find the time. If not, you find an excuse. It's SO true! At least it is for me!
    5. oh how exciting!
    6. I love how you are so adventurous in your food!
    7. see #4 :)
    8. funny how that happens, isn't it?
    9. it's good that at least its limited. when i was a kid the TV was on all the time, every day and in every room LOL!
    10. again---see number 4 :P see, it really does apply to so many things. I think I'm going to print that out and hang it in my office LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love love love the colorful hawk... :)
    jillian is a beast.
    your dinner sounds perfect, what time should I be there? ;)
    are you going to grad school?!?!
    do we have to call you "Dr. BEM" from now on?!?!? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice your mom is visiting so long. What a great time to make some new memories....and the free babysitting thing doesn't hurt either :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Give me that colored mohawk!!!

    It is exciting that grandma will come for such a nice long visit. You'll have some neat pictures and exciting stories to tell. Is Baby C as excited as you?

    What's the chance of Baby C becoming an Olympic swimmer?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This made me laugh. This has to be my favourite post of today and I've been attempting to catch up with blogs for the past 3 hours!

    Firstly, I love Jillian. I do. But I do not like her 30 day shred. can someone explain to me why she does so much talking? everything takes so much longer when she stops to expain. I ended my 30 day shred about 12 days in with a donut! but I do plan to get back on the horse...eventually!

    I LOVE that your mum is coming to visit. I hope you say mum and not mom...I think mom is so annoying. But maybe thats just the Brit in me. I'll have my kids talking English and not American English thank you! lol! I'm sure it must be nice for her to visit when she can. I hope when I move my family will come and visit.

    I'm not sure how you feel about Oprah but she did this whole show about a family who stopped watching tv and going to starbucks etc. it enriched their lives. maybe do it for a week or two. and record all of Big Cs shows, that way he won't miss anything. Or catch up online. I think kids should be playing outside or reading a book...that said, there's nothing like putting on a disney dvd for an hours peace and quiet! lol!

    Enjoyed your post as always xx

    ReplyDelete